PC boots then shuts down

Lee12 08:03 31 Oct 07

Hi, I have a computer that I built two years ago; I am running WinXP on it. The Mother board is an 865PE-TAG Socket 775 ATX. CPU is an Intel Pentium 4 Processor 54OJ (3.20GHz) with Hyper-Threading Technology. I’m not sure if all this info is needed but I just wanted all of you to know in case it helps with my problem.

Anyway, the other day I was testing a HDD from another PC to my PC. I connected the HDD to my IDA, and set it up as a secondary. After the troubleshooting was done, I connected everything back together. Then turned on my PC and noticed I mistakenly disconnected the CPU from the Motherboard. I shut down the computer and connect back up. Every since then when I boot the PC up an ( Intal Inside Pentium 4) Logo appears on the screen never appeared there before;
I booted up my computer and it loaded all the way. At that time I thought everything was alright, then I clicked an icon on the deck top and the PC just shut down. Sometimes it just starts then loads then shuts down, or just shut down right away. I went into CMOS and checked the PC Health Status and made sure the (Shutdown Temperature) was set the same as before (60c/140F), and it was; and checked the (Fan Temperatures) (30C/86F) and that was the same settings I always had. Checked the (Advanced Bios Features), the boot sequence was correct (HDD-first boot device, which is connect on a Serial ATA. Checked both CD-ROMS – second boot device and third boot device. I tried to isolate the problem by disconnecting the firewire card, then disconnecting the IDE cables for CD-ROMS one at a time, took out Ram and replaced it; I tried everything that I could think of still nothing. Everything else is on board except the Video card and firewire card.
Can anyone please heeeelp me
Thanks.

Graham. 08:11 31 Oct 07

Check the CPU fan is running.

Lee12 16:49 31 Oct 07

The CPU fan is running.Can anyone please help me out with some more options.
thanks

Graham. 17:41 31 Oct 07

Have a look in Event Viewer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac