pc boots but screen stays blank

dr pc 17:21 29 Aug 07

the pc boots but the power light doesn't come on and nor does the screen ive had this problem before because i installed two incompatible ram sticks, however there is only the original ram stick in.

no signal is being recieved by the monitor but doesn't show the NO SIGNAL message and it acts as though the pc is turned off.

jack 17:44 29 Aug 07

The monitor is either not turn on
or you have lost the connection[bent pin?]
The non Signal is generated in the monitor when it does not get a signal - so no 'No Signal' suggests the monitor is powered off.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:46 29 Aug 07

the pc boots but the power light doesn't come on

so how do you know its booted?

Fan noises, HDD noises, HDD led lit?

have you tried switching off uplugging, remove and reseat the grahics card and the memory again?

dr pc 18:45 29 Aug 07

fan noises hdd noise cd drive led lit reseated graphics card and memory. i know the monitor is on because the led is lit and if i unplug the monitor the no signal message comes up no external power is coming out of the machine as an optical mouse does not light up

dr pc 18:45 29 Aug 07

i have also rebooted several times

jack 19:46 29 Aug 07

If you have a graphics card - and you have redeated it
how about reverting to the on board graphics on board, assuming there is one.

woodchip 19:50 29 Aug 07

Try a new PSU

dr pc 10:29 30 Aug 07

the power supply works bu i fear the ram is buggered

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…