PC boots up to Low Color Quality Settings

Paul33 11:19 05 Mar 09

On my kids PC - XP Home OS - I have three user accounts and two work fine. The third always opens to a desktop that goes black for a second and then re-opens at a low color quality setting. My daughter has to go in and change property settings to High (32 Bit) every time and then it is okay - until she boots up again and it's back to low again.

She was using onboard graphics but I've now switched it to an NVIDIA 6200 card and it still does the same.

Something seems to be instructing it to switch to "Low" but what and where ?

Any help appreciated.

woodchip 11:26 05 Mar 09

You need to load your Graphics card Drivers, If its onboard Graphics then you may have a Motherboard CD if not you need to go to Motherboard or makers site to download Graphics drivers

Paul33 11:38 05 Mar 09

As I mentioned, I'm now using an NVIDIA 6200 and I have downloaded latest drivers and installed same but no change.

MAJ 12:18 05 Mar 09

If she is applying and okaying the changes, then it's possibly a corrupt user profile. Get her to back up her important files, then delete and re-create her account.

woodchip 13:02 05 Mar 09

Old drivers need to be removed in Safe mode

Paul33 13:17 05 Mar 09

Sorted it now - created a new user account and copied over user data and deleted old user. I think the user profile was somehow corrupted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…