PC Boot problem

Mike@#36 08:40 28 Feb 10

Twice now I've turned on the PC and although I can hear the power supply, and the lights all come on, it doesn't boot - nothing on the screen which simply states 'no signal'
I found that disconnecting the power gets it working again although it takes about 5 minutes to sort itself out.
Anyone think what might be causing this?
I'm running Win7 32bit on a 3yr old PC with 4gb RAM, but I'm wondering if it might be hardware related rather than software - then again I haven't a clue.
Thanks

lotvic 08:52 28 Feb 10

If no signal to monitor -
1st step is to re-plug in the cables in case they have worked loose. Take them out and re-insert.
It sounds like the pc is booting up and the problem is the connection to the monitor.

Mike@#36 08:56 28 Feb 10

Checked those, all ok. I'm sure it is not getting as far as boot as there are no beeps until I disconnect the power etc.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:28 28 Feb 10

Remove power plug from wall, hold on switch for 30 seconds to get rid of all static on motherboard.

If still the same then likely to be PSU dying.
Renew before fails completely as it may well take other equipment (HDD motherboard) with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…