PC boot problem

wallywaller 22:22 08 Apr 08

Hi can anyone help, My computer is looking up during boot up

My mother board is a ASrock K7S8XE, with a 266 AMD athlon proccessor, it also have a Nivida Geforce 6200 graphics card installed in the AGP slot with two 512 memory cards installed. A few weeks ago when I powered it up, the computer would start and ID the graphics card,then the mother board, then the drives and then run windows XP, however after a few second it would reboot, then run OK. Last week however on start up, it would see the graphics card then the motherboard and stop, and show 38 in the bottom right corner. I have tried to reset the CMOS buy shorting the pins as shown in the manual but the result is the same. Can anyone advise if it could be a motherboard fault or any thing I can try.PLS

Regards wallywaller

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:31 08 Apr 08

Sounds like your PSU is dying.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:33 08 Apr 08

Or overheat - clear out all dust and grills and, check all fans run clean the fan blades before trying anything else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Portable power and versatile design let down by expensive accessories and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best design TV series, films & documentaries

iPhone 7 Plus vs Sony Xperia XZ Premium comparison preview: Superb camera gives Sony the edge - on…