PC boot failure

Tempest1 11:11 21 Jun 06

Previous hard drive ground to a halt so have swapped and out a new drive in. On trying to reinstall XPpro the system will not power up.Initialy it did but the drive was not frecognised and it went into restart thats when the problems started. The status indicator on the mobo lights to show pc is connected to power source (LED2)THe post code display shows 0.2.Have looked at the ABit site but can find no reference to code.Tried clearing the CMOS but this has not worked.Any ideas??

AMD 4200 dual core,2x512 DDR,250gb samsung HD,XP Pro,Abit AV8 mobo,GF6800GT 256mb graphics

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:21 21 Jun 06

TRy and boot with HDD disconnected.

SATA or PATA drive? check jumper settings if PATA

Check all plugs to motherboard

Tempest1 22:16 21 Jun 06

Thanks for the reply.I will give it a try tomorrow. The drive is SATA.I had alreday tried the plugs and everything seems fine. I also tried bridging the power switch on the mobo in case it was the case switch that was faulty.Will let you know how I get on.

Tempest1 22:21 23 Jun 06

Still had no joy.Started to eliminate components by putting into a working PC. Turns out the mobo had given up, can't understand why. One new mobo later and eveything is up and running.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…