PC Booster, worth it or not?

bertiecharlie 19:31 12 Mar 04

I've only recently got a computer. Have justed installed Diskkeeper which seems very good. I was thinking of installing PC Booster which is supposed to finetune your computer and manage RAM more effectively. Does anyone have any experience of this programme - I'm still at the nervous stage about installing programmes.

Indigo 1 19:45 12 Mar 04

I found it useful when I was using Win ME but don't need it with XP.

bertiecharlie 19:49 12 Mar 04

Thanks for that Indigo 1. That's good enough for me. I'll leave things as they are.

Indigo 1 22:51 12 Mar 04

No problem M8,

Some of the more useful programs I use are Ad-Aware

SpyBot Search and Destroy

SpywareBlaster

Aida32

BigFix

Indigo 1 22:52 12 Mar 04

Forgot to mention they are all free and easily found by Google.

Indigo 1 23:47 12 Mar 04

Also wanted to mention PC Pitstop at click here for keeping things running smoothly without having to install any programs.

howard60 00:56 13 Mar 04

if you have an older pc or are a bit short of memory then pc booster is very worthwhile with XP

Irishman 01:53 13 Mar 04

If you are running XP read this

click here

There are some very simple settings in XP that when adjusted can make a big difference to the speed of your computer.

ollie < one> 02:33 13 Mar 04

dd

bertiecharlie 14:51 15 Mar 04

Apologies for not thanking everyone. I've just found the "View your Postings" section at the top of the page. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…