PC Booster 1.0

giggsy 20:39 11 Feb 03

Evening people. Have any of you tried the PC Booster 1.0 program that is on the cover disc of the latest PCA mag? I tried it and my pc still works ok (the menus open faster, but that is about the only difference I have noticed!)
However, I set my computer back to it original untweaked state via the relevant option in the program. The problem is, when I try to connect to the internet using my aol dialup connection, I get to stage 5 (talking to network) and no further! Have tried using other numbers, but to no avail! The only way I can now connect is by re-optimizing my system using PC Booster! Any ideas as to how I can return to my original setting and still be able to surf the net?

grove34 20:48 11 Feb 03

why would you want to go back to original settings if makes your pc faster

VoG™ 20:51 11 Feb 03

What version of Windows do you have? If ME or XP you could try a System Restore back to before you installed PC Booster 1.0.

giggsy 20:54 11 Feb 03

To be honest grove34, the only reason I want to revert back to original settings is because faster menus aren't really worth the disk space the program is taking up!
Unfortunately VoG™ I am running W98SE, so a system restore isn't an option.
I just can't understand what the program has changed to cause my connection problems.

VoG™ 20:59 11 Feb 03

I'm not familiar with AOL. Does it have an uninstall option - if so you could try uninstalling then reinstalling. Or even just installing AOL over the top of itself.

DWJM 21:05 11 Feb 03

My PC was just about wiped out by PC booster. I lost all links from shortcuts. I was able to connect to my ISP but could not send or recieve any information with either IE6 or Outlook (even the ISP experts gave up and told me to reinstall)

I will be very careful about using Mag discs in the future

giggsy 21:15 11 Feb 03

Cheers for the input DWJM. I think I am going to set my pc back to original settings, uninstall pc booster and aol and then just re-install aol.
Just hope that nothing else has been affected.

tran1 21:17 11 Feb 03

My menus were quicker after I installed pC booster, but I didn't like it starting up at every boot. I unistalled it and the changes never cleared. menus are still quick but without PC booster!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…