PC Blue-Screen (on shut down)

Voiceoverman 22:47 13 Jan 04

My PC, randomly decides, during the shutdown process, to crash on a BLUE SCREEN prompting me to press CTRL-ALT-DEL or ANY KEY. In both cases there's no reaction, even after leaving it for some time.

The only way to solve the problem is to either press the RESET button on the case or simply switch it off with the main PC-Case button and just let it go through the ScanDisk polava the next time I switch on!

As I say, it happens randomly but has only just started doing it, beforehand - shutting down was never a hassle.

This is the error message I get....

OE : 0028 : C0030D12.

Any ideas anyone? Just out of interest, I currently have a thread running about a Flash Memory problem I've experienced with a Belkin MASS STORAGE DEVICE. Although this issue's currently (hopefully) drawing to a close (a faulty device could be the culprit)....this latest shut-down problem has developed since the crashes I experienced from the Flash Memory problems.

May be related, may not?

Graham

VoG II 22:48 13 Jan 04

Which version of Windows?

Voiceoverman 22:50 13 Jan 04

Hi VoG....sorry, it's Windows ME.

VoG II 22:52 13 Jan 04

click here and click on Windows ME in the left hand pane.

Voiceoverman 19:04 16 Jan 04

Thanks VoG. Have been off-line for a few days due to work pressures elsewhere.

I REALLY must start refering more to WINDOWS TROUBLESHOOTER! There have been one or two occasions in the past when it's not helped out and, bizarely. I just tend to forget it's there!

I've yet to try the suggestions but will have a go.

©®@$? 19:16 16 Jan 04

"0028:C0030D12" identifies the place in your machine's memory where the
error occurred... it doesn't identify what program or library it happened
in, or what type of fault caused it.

What was the whole error report you got?

Voiceoverman 00:35 17 Jan 04

Not sure...will take note the next time it occurs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac