PC Battery dead?

vienna1981 12:26 18 Oct 03

Hi I've had my PC for nearly 3 years and recently i've noticed that bios settings aren't remembered on start-up and the date and time on the clock is wrong...i usually switch my pc off at the mains when i am finished using it for the day but have noticed that if i leave the PC on at the mains the date, time and settings are remembered...i take it the PC battery is dead? if so, how do i know what type of battery it is and where would i be able to purchase a new one? also do i need to purchase a new one, will leaving the PC on at the mains all the time be enough? Thanks in advance.

graham√ 12:49 18 Oct 03

It's pretty certain the battery is dead. Normally it is recommended to buy a new one before taking out the old one, to keep the settings, but as yours is not doing anything anyway, switch off and take it out. It's a small, round silver thing. Anywhere like Comet, PCWorld, will have one.

vienna1981 12:58 18 Oct 03

thanks how much do they usually cost?

vienna1981 12:58 18 Oct 03

also i forgot to ask how long these batteries should usually last for?

mark e 13:01 18 Oct 03

£5.00 max and last approx 2 - 3 years so your has not done too bad

vienna1981 13:05 18 Oct 03

thanks, i was worried that it'd be expensive! what about any online stores that sell them?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…