PC Backup 2005 ~ PC Advisor Jan 2005 issue

Danoh 16:34 29 Nov 04

Has anyone tried using the PC Backup 2005 pgm included in "Jan 2005" PC Advisor's CD/DVD?

There's very little info on how it works via the very limited help files and I can't seem to source any other user documentation.

Danoh 12:09 30 Nov 04

Can anyone point me to a web site where there is more information on what this program does please?

It seems to be very basic from trying it out. E.g. I'm not sure if selecting the number of days when the program is run means that a scheduled job is setup to run automatically, or whether it is entirely manual.

johnkaz 15:27 12 Mar 05

I have a problem with this program.
After using it to backup my files I saved onto CD. After a terminal hard drive failure and a complete re-installation of Win XP. I tried to use my saved backup in pbf format, this will not reload back onto my system and when I try, this program locks up my computer taking 99% of resources.
Frustrating and expensive if I lose all this data.
Can anybody help please?

Thanks John

Danoh 17:02 14 Mar 05

< bunmp > ??

Buchan 35 20:17 14 Mar 05

bump

Danoh 15:59 15 Mar 05

I guess no one out there has tried PC Backup 2005 <bump>

Danoh 09:06 20 Mar 05

last < bump >

Mike D 10:00 20 Mar 05

Danoh

I had a dabble and found that its use was not intuitive at all. I gave up in the end. I have been using a good programme for a couple of years, but it is a payware one ( about £20 ish). It's called Disk2Disk by Duncan Amplification. It's fast, simple to use and I like the customer service, how many companies have sent personal e-mails to you asking for your thoughts (not a questionnaire) and then acknowledging and answering those comments? Do a Google for it.

MIke

Danoh 10:40 20 Mar 05

I'm now using DriveImage 7 to backup entire drives automatically, which also enables me to backup at individual file level as well. Tried XP's data backup as it provided a smaller backup (non-drive level) but got round that by partitioning smaller drives for DriveImage 7.

Bumping this article in case anyone can help with johnkaz's problem. Will tick as resolved for now. Thanks for taking the trouble to post again.

Mike D 19:28 20 Mar 05

By gum, helpful at last!

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…