pc back up

frostypug 16:23 PM 06 Jun 11

I have cause to think my pc is having problems and may shortly crack up all together,,my question is where is the best place to back up my pc Can I use blank cds/data ?If not where? I am using Acronis to back it up

gengiscant 16:43 PM 06 Jun 11

The simplest way is to backup to an external drive.

frostypug 16:48 PM 06 Jun 11

I only have a pen drive and that wasnt big enough I tried it although it is 8 gig

frostypug 16:48 PM 06 Jun 11

I only have a pen drive and that wasnt big enough I tried it although it is 8 gig

gengiscant 17:17 PM 06 Jun 11

I recently bought one of these Ex Harddrive very useful for carrying about. but if you have a spare harddrive then a cheap caddy will do. something like these Enclosure. or you can use one of these to back up your harddrive to another PC Adapter

rawprawn 17:31 PM 06 Jun 11

gengiscant That portable external drive looks really good value for money.

kjrider 17:37 PM 06 Jun 11

What are you trying to back up? I only back up my docs, photos, and important files, which usually don't amount to much.

If the Hard drive is going, you need to get it done fast. if its anything else, you can usually access the hard drive on another PC.

Get a Ubuntu or Linux CD then you can run it live and be able to access your hard drive, etc.

KJR

frostypug 09:21 AM 07 Jun 11

Thankyou all for your help I will see what I can do

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites