PC to AV Receiver?

amydanielle 00:32 08 Nov 09

My first post on PC Advisor anyway, i need help trying to hook up my pc to my tv via my av receiver. Just to clarify matters the spec is 1tb hard drive, intel i7 950, nvidia295gtx graphics card, Asus Xonar 1.3 Deluxe Sound/Video card. When i connect everything up as it should be i.e -: 2 DVI out one to monitor and one to Asus card via HDMI in then HDMI out to Av Receiver but TV nor Av Receiver not detecting any signal from PC i would really appreciate some help.

Thanx

BRYNIT 01:09 08 Nov 09

If you are using a monitor and the TV connected together you have to activate the second monitor.

If connecting HMDI computer to HMDI TV

Right click on desk top/personalization/display settings, the monitor window should open you should see two squares number 1 & 2 click on number 2 click on extend desktop onto this monitor. Now if your TV is on the HDMI channel you should get a picture.

amydanielle 22:19 08 Nov 09

Hi guys, Unfortunately my AV Receiver/TV has chosen not to detect my PC again so its back to square 1. It really is a strange one as it was working but seems to stop when i switch off my pc or receiver, my set-up consists of nvidia 295gtx graphics card with 2 DVI ports, which is connected to a Asus Xonar 1.3HD deluxe sound/video card which has HDMI in & HDMI out ports so obviously one DVI/HDMI cable goes to the monitor and the other DVI/HDMI cable goes from the graphics card to the Asus Xonar HDMI in port then a male to male HDMI cable goes to the AV receiver, that's a step by step guide of how the Asus user guide tells you to do it. However now for some strange reason when i go into display settings to enable/extend onto monitor 2 it just keeps defaulting and greying out after i apply & ok it, in the Nvidia control panel section under set up multiple displays its not being recognised there now either ergo no picture on TV. My receiver is an Onkyo TX-875 and my TV is a Pioneer KRP-500A i'm guessing there is a resolution issue somewhere but i've been over and over it a hundred times in all the settings for each card and displays making sure they are all the same i'm at a complete loss. I would be so grateful if someone could help me out.

Many Thanks
Amy

johnnyrocker 22:25 08 Nov 09

and the solution was?

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…