Pc assistance job advice

blob737 20:20 30 Jun 09

I know the title is rather ironic, but i was wondering if anyone had any advice for me. i will explain.

I have fallen in love with skiing scince my school ski trip last year, and now want to begin racing, and save £800 for next years trip. well racing gear costs alone about £900, £700 of which is for skis, so, in total, by christmas, i need to earn £1700, which for a 15 year old seems oretty impossible. Currently i have 2 jobs, a paper round, which gives me £10 a week, and 1 day a week on a golf course, giving me another £20, so per week i currently have £30 income. Unfortunately, this will only earn me £750 by christmas, the time when i will require the full sum of £1700. right, well now the sympathy part is over, i can ask for advice.

Being a self confessed computer geek, and a who dares wins kind, im trying my absolute hardest to find some way of earning this money. i thought it might me a good idea to try to find a part time job in the computer world. now what i ideally want to do is to go to an old persons house, spend an hour or so teaching them/fixing their pc, and earn like £15 an hour. now im not suggesting that i only want to deal with old people, im just trying to explain the kind of thing i would love to be able to do, and make money at the same time during the summer. I can quite easily advertise through word of mouth, putting leaflets in my papers, and giving buisness cards to local shops, but i was wondering if i would need insurance or anything else anyone can think of.

Thanks

Sam

Forum Editor 01:29 01 Jul 09

in another forum area, haven't you?

It's not a good idea to post duplicate threads - it causes confusion, and irritates other forum users. I'll lock this version as the other one has received responses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…