PC asks for password

salanddaz 21:50 24 Mar 04

Hey, I have a tower that belonged to an office it is an HP Netserver e800 but when you turn it on it says enter password, the screen is the black startup screen as you turn a pc on. How do I get round this and can I, then use it as a normal pc

Thanks for your help

Diodorus Siculus 22:18 24 Mar 04

Do a search for a manual for the PC on the net; it may give directions for the removal of the password or else tell you the type of BIOS that the PC has. Some of htese passwords can be removed by taking out a jumper switch on the mobo.

Giggle n' Bits 22:33 24 Mar 04

on the motherbaord would do this or remove the battery on the motherboard for about 10mins to clear it.

But if you do not have any past expierience of BIOS, Motherbaord jumpers & the inards of the machine I would leave my soloution.

ricpat 22:40 24 Mar 04

Make sure that you remove the correct jumper you should be able to find it if you find the motherboards site on the inter net uoy may be able to dowmload the manual for it some times you have to turn the computer power on /off to do this also check in hte bios ti see if you can reset the password

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…