PC Aquarium deluxe 3.0 missing file

Border View 10:10 16 Feb 05

I have just installed PC Aquarium deluxe 3.0 onto my computer, but when I try to run the program I get the message File D3D8.DLL is missing. Where do I find this file please.

PS I run Windows 98SE

VoG II 10:22 16 Feb 05

click here

You will need an unzipping program like click here to decompress it.

Then put it in c:\windows\system

Border View 10:25 16 Feb 05

Thank you VoG. I have Winzip so shall give it a go. Will let you know how I get on. Regards.

Border View 14:59 16 Feb 05

Just to let you know that I uninstalled PC Aquarium and then reinstalled, also went into Windows Update and reinstalled DirectX9. This seems to have solved the problem.

Might appear to be a simple program but it has taken some setting up. Not sure its running correctly yet, but shall get there in the end.

Thank you for responding VoG. Regards.

Border View 17:11 18 Feb 05

Just thought I would let you know that I've had considerable problems following the installation of this software. Tried using it as an active desktop - not a success. Then decided to just use it as a screen saver. But then my wallpaper started to load in jerky strips and other items would not load onto the screen correctly.

After two days, enough was enough so using Goback I reverted my hard drive to before I installed the software. This then resulted in my Speedtouch modem not being able to hear a dial-up tone which resulted in my uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and recreating my internet account.

Said software has now been returned to whence it was purchased. For the guaranteed refund within 28 days of purchase.

Pity really because I really liked the fishes.

Curio 20:35 18 Feb 05

in Tropical Fish Screensaver click here They do Goldfish too!

Border View 22:49 18 Feb 05

Thanks Curio

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced