Is this PC any good for my friend please??

julius44 18:44 19 Apr 08

Hello my friend called me about this PC on the morgan computers website, it doesnt come with a monitor...but he's already got a 22 inch 1 on his current pc.....i personally think its okay for the price...but i'd like some extra opinions.

the link for the pc is below
click here=

Also he's looking to transfer all his pics, music, word documents, etc...to a new pc, and he wants to know the best way to do this. any suggestions pls??

wee eddie 19:20 19 Apr 08

Workhorse rather than Racehorse.

Get an "USB Enclosure" and put the old Hard drive into it. He will then have an External Hard Drive.

Easy to drag and drop all his Folders to the new PC. When he's satisfied that all is transferred safely. Format the External Drive and use it as a back-up Device.

Totally-braindead 16:52 20 Apr 08

Personally I wouldn't buy it.

Reason? Its listed as a slimline case. Now if this is the slim type of cases I have seen before then you can struggle to get parts to fit it. Especially if you want to upgrade the graphics. It could need a slimline graphics card and if so that severly limits the upgrade potential.

Of course if hes not into gaming then fine. As wee eddie has commented its a workhorse rather than a racehorse.

For the same money you could have this click here or with a better graphics card and more memory this click here

Regarding the cheaper PC you would have to add memory if using Vista as in my opinion at least you need 2 gig free and clear, 1 gig of RAM is not enough - but RAM is relatively cheap. And both PCs have standard cases so no upgrade problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017