PC anti virus disabled and ubder threat

BingoBoy 20:39 03 Jan 09

I am not sure what has happened to my PC which is protected by NTL Netguard but I now seem to have something called Internet Antivirus Pro that keeps flashing up warnings such as Warning! Threats detected and Spyware Protection Disabled. I have run a virus scan through Netguard and only two files came up as infected with a games virus then rebooted. But on restart this Internet Antivirus Pro takes over and does a scan which came up with 30 files infected. It keeps asking me to register it and activate it and also informs that my computer is at risk because I have no anti-virus software installed even though Netguard initialises on start up. Can anubody help before I lose all my important information which is what Antivirus Pro is saying is happening right now.

Cockney Rebel 20:47 03 Jan 09

Found this on Google click here

recap 20:47 03 Jan 09

I would suggest that you try one of the free anti virus programs around such as AVG click here for the download.

brundle 20:48 03 Jan 09

Ddownload and run Malwarebytes Antimalware. click here

I would also recommend you rid yourself of Netguard, it's the same as, and as ineffective as Blueyonder/Virgin's PCGuard. click here

brundle 20:49 03 Jan 09

Download and run Malwarebytes Antimalware. click here

I would also recommend you rid yourself of Netguard, it's the same as, and as ineffective as Blueyonder/Virgin's PCGuard. click here

User-1229748 20:55 03 Jan 09

internet antivirus pro removalclick here

User-1229748 20:56 03 Jan 09

sorry i didn't see brundles post :o)

BingoBoy 22:50 03 Jan 09

Brundle - thanks for your response. By coincidence I found Malwarebytes by googling before I receive your post and have used it to good affect as it appears to have cleared it from my PC after a 45 minute scan found 46 infected files. As a complete technophobe could you give me a step by step guide on how to remove Netguard and the same for an instal of an alternative as per your link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…