PC for £500 or less

Game Addict 18 Nov 12

Hello I am having trouble with trying to find a PC that is powerful enough to use 3D modeling software and also good enough for gaming and is £500 or less. If you find a desktop PC it also needs to have a monitor, keyboard and mouse with it and where are the best places to get big sales on PCs on boxing day.

Chronos the 2nd 18 Nov 12

You are going to struggle with that sort of budget particularly when you need to include all the peripherals with the PC.

The Kestrel 18 Nov 12

You can try putting one together here http://www.cougar-extreme.co.uk/ but as Chronos the 2nd states, you will struggle with your budget.

nickf 18 Nov 12

I have to agrre with Chronos and Kestrel , your budget is way short of the mark . A more realistic budget would be in the £800 - £1000 range

Game Addict 18 Nov 12

Found a Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM 23 inch IPS LED Monitor for a £153.94 and a Vostro Desktop 470 MT for £379 which adds up to £532.94 which I can afford. The desktop has 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i5-3450 processor (3.10GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.50GHz), Windows 8 Pro 64bit English, 4GB2 DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz, 500GB Serial ATA III (7.200 Rpm) Hard Drive and 1GB ATI® Radeon™ HD 7570 graphics card. Is this good enough for what I want to use it for.

rdave13 18 Nov 12

Check the Vostro price again. It doesn't include VAT or shipping.

http://www.dell.com/uk/business/p/vostro-470/fs

Game Addict 18 Nov 12

Might have to increase my budget even further but is this PC good for what I want to use it for or would I be wasting money that could be used on something better.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message