Pc Advisor Website Incredibly slow and jumpy

John-P 19:24 PM 13 Jun 12

I really like this site and the information and users knowledge is second to none so please don't take this the wrong way, it is a genuine question.

Admittedly my laptop isn't the latest spec but its ok I think, its an acer aspire, windows 7, 4gb ram, 500hd, intel core 2 duo processor t6400, and my broadband isn't the quickest but it manages in all other areas.

Its loads up and runs all websites relatively quickly, apart from www.pcadvisor.co.uk which is always slow and when I scroll up or down the page it jumps jumps along the page waiting for it to load, its quite frustrating and I just wondered why is my computer not loading this site as quickly as all other sites/forums?

Can anybody explain why this is? Is it all the adverts?

Thanks, John :)

rdave13 19:27 PM 13 Jun 12

It's fine for me tonight. Running IE9 and Spywareblaster.

John-P 19:37 PM 13 Jun 12

Hi thanks for your reply, ok I will try Internet explorer, im currently using firefox.

Thanks, John :)

KRONOS the First 11:05 AM 14 Jun 12

You want to try PCAdvisor on an ipad if you really want to see jumping.

davey emcee 11:12 AM 14 Jun 12

It's been like this for some time. Physician heal thyself!!

Woolwell 11:13 AM 14 Jun 12

Chronus - hear, hear!

I think that the jumping is caused by ads loading. An anti-banner blocker smooths things considerably.

KRONOS the First 12:04 PM 14 Jun 12

Absolutely it is the ads,whereas on the desktop there is any number of ad-blockers,not so with the ipad. It was yet another reason why the ipad was not for me.

HondaMan 12:10 PM 14 Jun 12

It could also be the new spam filters!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know