PC advisor website

byfordr 09:47 21 Nov 03

I'm getting the following message when accessing the pcadvisor website

Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Could not connect to JRun Server.

Just wondered if anyone else is?

I am getting this at home and work

cheers

R

alcudia 09:48 21 Nov 03

Yes, since last night. Just come back.

Seems okay now, but just very very slow.

This is starting to get silly.

It's taking minutes to load each page.

Can the FE tell us whats going on?

MichelleC 10:08 21 Nov 03

It's slow for me too. Probably server probs.

alcudia 10:15 21 Nov 03

Mines not too bad. I just hit refresh if the page doesn't load immediately, this seems to work.

byfordr 11:21 21 Nov 03

certainly seem to get a lot more problems since the new look website came about...

dessi 11:32 21 Nov 03

yes much more probs than before,also the first page is omitted have you noticed?

Djohn 11:39 21 Nov 03

I can understand your frustration if the page is slow to load, but by hitting the refresh button you are slowing things down even more. Each time you press the "Refresh" button, another request is sent through, that means if 300 of us are doing this a couple of times or more then we are doubling or trebling the problem. Regards. j.

Taran 11:52 21 Nov 03

Since the error message says its a server error, that's what it is.

In this case it's the Macromedia JRun Server software that's having a spot of bother.

Just be patient and it will be sorted out.

Site problems are far more of an issue to the people behind this site than they could ever be for those of use who just visit or post on it.

Tanke note of the comments by Djohn: repeated refresh or page reload requests will be doing the site no favours when it is having stlight problems.

T

alcudia 12:46 21 Nov 03

Point taken. But if I don't hit the refresh nothing seems to happen at all. However I will try to be more patient.

Sorry if I've added to the problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…