PC Advisor Subscriptions

Mad Mick 11:23 01 Mar 04

I have been checking my recent bank statement and find I have had a payment to IDG Media debited to my account. I know this to be my annual subscription to PC Advisor but thought it had come around a little bit earlier than usual this year.

I checked back over previous years and find that my annual subscription has been taken from my bank account every 11 months i.e 25/04/02, 27/03/03 and 26/02/04. Has anyone else had this experience.

expertec 12:27 01 Mar 04

An annual subscription covers 12 issues, not 12 months, andd the dates of publication are a bit out so you get 12 issues in 11 months. Well i think that's how it is?

Smiler 12:33 01 Mar 04

Yes I've noticed that too Mad Mick

I thought Annual subscription meant once a year not once every twelve months.

PC Advisor comes out every four weeks not monthly so we are getting twelve copies subscription not twelve months subscription. Just another way to get more money out of us.

Also because we are already subscribers we can't get the free cd that new subscribers get.

Smiler 12:34 01 Mar 04

"I thought Annual subscription meant once a year not once every twelve months."

OOps!! should read:-
I thought Annual subscription meant once a year not once every eleven months.

Sir Radfordin 12:36 01 Mar 04

As they say, if you don't like it don't buy it. There is nothing to stop you canceling your subs and starting again.

By comparison I'm paying £18 every 12 months for another computer mag (yes others do exist!) which in my eyes is excellent value.

Jester2K 13:07 01 Mar 04

Care to part with that info?

Mad Mick 14:52 01 Mar 04

Thanks for all your posts. Expertec, I realise that PC Advisor are a little bit out with their dates, but my point is I only got 34 copies in three calendar years when I would have expected 36, and minus the free CD's for renewing my subscription as Smiler states.

I will tick this as resolved and take the matter up with IDG Media. Should they reply I will post the response, but don't hold your breath!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…