PC Advisor speed test result query

Al Davies 08:51 AM 23 May 12

Hi folks,

I have performed the PC Advisor broadband speed test and seem to get an odd result.

The test says my download speed is 0.48 Mbps which seems far too low and tests using three other speed checkers say my speed is between 4.3 and 4.4 Mbps.

Can anyone explain please?

spuds 12:52 PM 23 May 12

Variations can happen sometimes, depending on the route the test might take, at the time of the check.

Always pays to try other 'reliable' speed-tests, and then make the best assessment to your speeds, as it would seem that you have already tried.

http://www.speedtest.net is a reliable checker, which is recommended by some ISP's. With this speed checker - tester your can make your own decision as to where you want the test to start, and how the various results appear.

Al Davies 15:15 PM 23 May 12

Many thanks,

I was getting around 1.5 Mbps until I complained to my ISP then the speed increased to aroun 4.9 for a month or so.

Now it has stabilised at around 4.3 Mbps.

Thanks for your response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Toshiba dynaPad release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro 4 rival with Windows 10

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November