PC Advisor review on Bitdefender Internet Security

pookie 13:56 19 Mar 09

Hi

Just curious. PC Advisor have 2 x reviews for Bitdefender 2009 security suite within their security section. one is recent and one many months ago. the reviews have gone from a 3.5 star to 4.5 star for the same product. Has bitdefender released a program update or something that has caused the increase. 4.5 starts out of 5 is very good wereas 3.5 stars is not that great. I notice both reviews of kaspersky 2009 have kept it at 4 stars - as such is bitdefender now better than the mighty kaspersky in your tests?

cheers

P

pookie 10:29 29 Mar 09

hi - just seeing if any update on this.

P

birdface 10:34 29 Mar 09

It also says Norton is the best.And thats hard to believe.

Forum Editor 10:42 29 Mar 09

were undertaken by different people. Two people are never going to make precisely the same judgements about software, and when you read reviews you must take that into account.

pookie 12:43 30 Mar 09

Hi and thanks for the replies.
Have to say bit concerned about reply from editor as surely reviews are based on facts rather than personal opinion/or whatever of the reviewers. Will a third review of it be down in say another 3 months and if that reviewer gives it a 3 out of 5 stars surely that will just baffle your readers. I only raised the question as i thought a new update to the software had come out. As this was not the case why was it reviewed again? I think only one review per product and you stand by that reviewers comments and findings rather than open up to confusing readers.

cheers

P

birdface 13:25 30 Mar 09

Reviewers obviously know a lot more than me.But it all depends on what reviews you read.Some are entirely different.
Security Suites are always getting updated so hard to keep up with all the best security programs.Nod 32[eset] was supposed to be the best but not sure if anything has overtaken it.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:00 30 Mar 09

If I reviewed PC World, I would give it 5 out of 5...however others would only give it 1 out of 5 or less. Any review, even based on facts, can only be subjective.

G

pookie 14:00 30 Mar 09

Many thanks. I know to expect a difference in reviews of a product between different magazines for example but over the years i have bought products that have had a good review, and not bought some items that have had a bad review, from pc advisor. If 2 x pc advisor reviewers make a difference of 3.5 to 4.5 stars out of 5 stars then in future rather than eg group tests of different security suites should we have group tests of reviews from pc advisor reviwers all on the same product and then readers can make up there own minds based on several reviewers experiences of the same product?

woodchip 15:14 30 Mar 09

I would not have Norton on any of my PC's

I use Norton utilities, old version on a Win98se comp, well I use the defrag part Speed Disc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced