PC ADVISOR POP-UPS

the rider 20:00 24 Mar 05

On my old pc, PC Advisor was my choice of home page when going on the net. I have since sold that computer to a friend after removing PC Advisor.
When he logs on to the net, my friend gets a blank page supplied by PC Advisor on top of his home page and no matter how many times he cicks on close it re-opens in seconds.
I'd be grateful for any advice.

Buchan 35 21:37 24 Mar 05

This`ll bring your thread back up. I reckon it`s FE trying to sell more copies!!;-))

kspatto 00:02 25 Mar 05

enter tools-internet options -delete cookies delete files(including off line content)and history you can also clear the home page listing and leave it blank see if that clears the fault if not your ISP normally has a restore settings option somewhere on their site use this that will generally instal their home page as the prefered first page(home)did you instal any software (ie a browser or toolbar) linked to pc advisor as this may be causing a problem if so have a look at the processes active in your task manager(ctr alt delete)when the problem occurs and also you start up items(start-run type in MSCONFIG and enter)sometimes the name will be a clue

ken patto

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…