PC Advisor polls.

GORAL 15:02 08 Feb 03

Have used this site for some time and always give my opinion on the PCA Polls. For the past few days I have voted on the current poll "The biggest issue in mainstream computing today...."

However when I next log in the question is posed for me again as if I have not yet voted. Is this a site problem? Not seen anyone else remarking on it.

Gongoozler 15:07 08 Feb 03

GORAL, I've noticed that myself and assumed it is a site problem.

timber 15:10 08 Feb 03

Goral,Gongoozler

have voted and now getting click here to view results every time i log in.

Gongoozler 15:13 08 Feb 03

It could be because I have set the Internet Options to block cookies except Session Cookies (Tools - Internet Options - Privacy - Advanced) to stop those Doubleclick, Valueclick etc. Spyware cookies.

GORAL 15:15 08 Feb 03

Gongoozler - perversly - glad to hear I'm not alone.

timber - I also get click here to view results, but does the poll still ask for your vote when you log in again?

GORAL 15:19 08 Feb 03

Gongoozler - you could have the answer. I too recently altered Int Options to block cookies.

I found Doubleclick and Valueclick particularly irritating, and they have now been blocked. I even asked those sites to stop bombarding me without result. Do you think they are harmless or not?

« Ravin » 15:24 08 Feb 03

if you delete your cookies regularly like i do or block them like gongoozler you can vote again..

timber 15:30 08 Feb 03

Goral

all i get is the results when i log in

GORAL 15:53 08 Feb 03

Cracked it - Control Panel; Internet Options;Privacy; Edit - enter PCA website address and select "allow".

Gongoozler gave me the clue, many thanks to you and all who offered advice.

Now voted OK.

Forum Editor 18:09 08 Feb 03

and regular forum contributors know that the site uses a cookie to detect whether you have voted in the current poll.

If you are in the habit of regularly deleting the contents of your cookie folder (and there's really no reason to do this under normal circumstances) you'll find that the site will allow you to vote again.

There's not much point in doing so however, unless you deliberately wish to affect the validity of the information we gain from these polls - and I'm sure you don't.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…