PC Advisor Offer

dogbreath1 19:15 28 Feb 05

I've just received a telephone call from PC Advisor pushing a promotion. Three magazines for £1 followed by quarterly subsciption by DD at £9.99p. The number given was 01458 271272 x 6312 (Rhiannon!!!). Has anyone else experienced this... is it genuine? I am reluctant to give a/c no. and sort code over the phone when the initial contact was made by the seller.

mammak 19:25 28 Feb 05

Hi dogbreath1 i would be as reluctant as you about giving your personal detials over the phone,
Why dont you mail FE and ask his advice on what action to take. Regards Mammak

VoG II 19:28 28 Feb 05
  dogbreath1 19:58 28 Feb 05

Thanks mammak and VoG™. Having read all of the replies, I'm still not convinced of the legitamacy of the offer so I've emailed the FE. If I had made first approach, then fine. But when someone calls with the opening 'we note that you are a subscriber to PC Advisor Forum...', it's more of a worry.

dogbreath1 19:59 28 Feb 05

P.S. Can anyone lend me a quid!

dogbreath1 23:16 28 Feb 05

The FE believes the offer to be genuine and has emailed the department concerned to make them aware of our concerns. So, if you've not had the offer yet, you might like to pre-empt Rhiannon's call by ringing the above number to kindly accept her super offer!

Gandalph 23:32 28 Feb 05

I had the same offer from a kid called Sean this afternoon.

dogbreath1 18:31 16 Mar 05

They've got it right this time. I've now been emailed complete with PC Advisor logo etc. Have ordered. Not bad, three issues for £1 (total) then quarterly dd of £9.99 per three issues.

herc182 18:45 16 Mar 05

i already have a subscription. can i still get this offer? i.e. if i apply for this, will it override my old subscription?

thanks

rawprawn 19:02 16 Mar 05

I have had the offer this evening, but I still have 2 deliveries outstanding on my last subscription, so do these accumulate or am I paying £1 for one issue ?

woodchip 19:17 16 Mar 05

Yes took it up also got PC Pro

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…