PC Advisor login question

Eargasm 22:07 19 May 04

Hi All

When connecting to pc advisor site at the login. As soon as i insert the first letter of my email address a box drops down with two entries one is my correct email address the other isn't.

How do i delete the bogus entry?

Peter 22:16 19 May 04

Highlight the incorrect one and press the delete key. That should leave you with just the correct entry.

PS - If you double click the empty box, where you should type your email address, you should see a drop down list appear for you to select from.

Peter.

Eargasm 22:23 19 May 04

Tried that still no joy,if i highlight the bogus entry the flashing cursor is still in the empty box so i can't delete

suburban train 22:28 19 May 04

i having the same problem but with other sites ive just posted on the fourum

sidecar sid 22:54 19 May 04

This is probably autocomplete in Internet explorer,at sometime in the past you have probablly mistyped your Email adress when logging on to the forum.

To clear autocomplete click on

Tools>

Internet options>

Content>

Autocomplete and click on clear forms and clear passwords.

The next time you log on you will have to type your Email adress in in full but it will be remembered on subsiquent logins

Eargasm 23:07 19 May 04

Thanks mate,you are the dog's dangly bits it worked a treat although not a big problem it had been niggling me for sometime.

sidecar sid 23:11 19 May 04

Ilove it when a plan comes together.

:-))

Eargasm 23:24 19 May 04

Are you sorted knowledge boy ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…