PC Advisor Latest DVD eScan

Duncanf 00:04 15 Sep 06

I downloaded eScan from the PC Advisor October edition to use the anti-Spam programme in an effort to prevent many spam e-mails. It loaded an Anti virus programme as well so I deleted my AVG.
Since then I have been unable to get onto the Internet or receive any e-mails (using Incredimail.) I uninstalled the programme with difficulty, eventually having to delete folder by folder as the Add/Remove option in Control Panel refused to do it in one step. Still no luck with Incredimail. I then tried 'System Restore' to find there were no available restore points although I am not aware of switching it off. 'Help and Support' was the next option but I got the message 'Windows cannot open Help and Support because a system services is not running. To fix this problem, start the service named 'Help and Support.' When I click OK I get the same message again. Any suggestions as how I can get back online with e-mails as well?

skidzy 00:15 15 Sep 06

Personally i would delete all traces of my internet connectivity and create a new one.

Firstly if you have your windows disc,try sfc /scannow click here

Duncanf 00:23 15 Sep 06

Thanks Skidsy. Will try.

Duncanf 00:25 15 Sep 06

I'm having to work between two computers so sorry if there is not a quick reply!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009