PC Advisor June 2004

pj123 18:02 20 Apr 04

Just tried to install MyDVD for CD from the June 2004 issue of PC Advisor. It says it's a full programme but requires "online registration". I get as far as "In order to install your software you are first required to register with Sonic" Two options 1. Register. 2. Install. Click on Register and all I get is: "No connection is currently available. To view Internet content that has been saved on your computer, click Work Offline". I now have two options. Work Offline or Try Again. If I have "No connection is currently available" how come I am able to log in to this Forum. Anyone else having a problem with this please?

Valvegrid 18:28 20 Apr 04

Have you got a firewall running that might be blocking a port it wants to use?

MIke 18:40 20 Apr 04

I managed to register the program OK I was hoping you could make slideshows with transitions between the slides like it says in the details of the program, but you can't it's no different to Ulead DVD Picture show in that respect which I have and paid for!
Apparently the only way to get transitions between slides is to make a movie of them, then apply the transitions to the separate scenes, the bumph does say that this causes a loss in picture quality.And is too much messing around for my liking.
As I don't have a camcorder I found little of use in the program, plus it has the annoying habit of trying to phone home each time you boot up your computer. The program has therefore been removed!

pj123 15:05 21 Apr 04

Valvegrid. No, the computer this is on has no firewall, but even if it did wouldn't it prompt me to allow access or not?

MIke. Thanks, I think I will go your way and forget it. I also have Ulead DVD Pictureshow (paid for). But I was under the impression that MyDVD would capture video so that I could burn it to a DVD not CD.

MIke 18:51 21 Apr 04

It seems to allow you to edit movie clips and then burn them yo vcd Not sure about burning to DVD as I don't have a DVD burner myself, so didn't take much notice I was only really interested in the slideshow aspect which ULead does just as well, and slightly quicker as I found the Sonic software a bit slow.

pj123 12:11 05 May 04

Looks like this one has run out of time so I will tick it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos