PC Advisor issue 141

Cant.think.of.a.username 20:09 02 Apr 07

Hi all

In Aprils PC Advisor ( on page 182 ) it mentions that spybot is not ' stong enough to give protection '. As I have been using spybot / ad adware / avg anti spy / super antispy / avg free av I got a bit paranoid. In the article it says there are only 2 antispyware good enough to recommend - spydoctor and spysweeper. I have tried spydoctor which says I have all sorts of stuff going on that shouln't but all of the stuff I have used before says all ok. Spydoctor says I have ' sdbot '. I then tried windows defender which will not complete a scan without freezing.

Is spending money on spydoctor the way forward for me? or do I continue to use what I had before spydoctor and assume all is ok ?

Thanks in advance

skidzy 20:14 02 Apr 07

You are fine as you are,especially if your system is running ok.

I havnt seen this yet,and will look out for the report.
Defender...well !!! not for me.

Cant.think.of.a.username 20:30 02 Apr 07

Thanks for a quick reply. System is running fine ( I thought before the spydoctor scan !! ). As windows defender can not even get to the end a scan, thought I'd ask before getting carried away and reaching for the credit card

skidzy 20:33 02 Apr 07

If you would like a good realtime antispyware scanner,Spywareterminator click here

Cant.think.of.a.username 20:38 02 Apr 07

Will give it ago. cheers

I am currently 60% through a-squared deep scan ( 30 day free trial ) and that says all fine too.

skidzy 20:43 02 Apr 07

Once asquared has expired it will revert to the full program still but without the realtime protection,then maybe consider ST.

Cant.think.of.a.username 21:03 02 Apr 07

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…