PC Advisor helpline

pppc 17:03 03 Feb 07

in the October 2006 PC Advisor 'How to: Helpline'
page 152 there is a solution to a reader's problem with 'Change of Ownership. This seemed to relate to a problem I encountered on reinstalling XP a couple of weeks ago - I am denied access to a directory on one of my hard discs, with the same denial message.
However, on attempting to apply the assistance I find a) there is no reference to 'Simple File Sharing' in Tools/Folder Options and b)there is no Security tab in Properties for the disc.
The disc is NTFS I am pretty sure is was not before I reinstalled.
how to I contact the Help Line to get assistance???

Peter C

VoG II 17:04 03 Feb 07
  pppc 07:41 06 Feb 07

VoG
Thank you very much. I have now taken possession of the files - but I have not solved my real problem: I am trying to monitor my RECYCLED bins with a QBASIC program. This I have been doing successfully since the days of 3.1 - for the last year or so I have been checking each drive in a three disc dual boot (W98 and XP) system. I SHELL DIR each recycle bin to a work file and extract the information I want. Since a reinstall, abandoning W98, two or three weeks ago I cannot get anything from one of the discs - the other two are no problem. The difficult disc is FAT32 (I was wrong in my initial posting) and was the disc that held XP in a dual boot system - I had W98 on one of the other drives. Would converting to NTFS solve the problem, or can you suggest anything else? I am marking my query as resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5