PC Advisor Help Forum Problem

Big Trev 21:58 17 Aug 04

When I log into the Help Forum I can only see who posted the problem and when but not the subject matter. Any ideas what is causing this? It used to be fine.

powerless 22:02 17 Aug 04

You mean like: click here

VoG II 22:03 17 Aug 04

Not again! click here

Big Trev 22:08 17 Aug 04

Do I detect a note of sarcasm here? Is this a common problem with this site then? I'm a fairly regular visitor and I've only noticed it for the first time yesterday.

woodchip 22:14 17 Aug 04

only looked at first page, but did it ever get solved? also could not see Wol on the first page did he ever come back from the dead.

VoG II 22:17 17 Aug 04

Not sarcasm at all. Just dreading another 200+ post saga. You obviously cannot have exactly the same problem, which is not common (2 of nearly 150,000 members).

Three suggestions:

Try click here

Try a repair if you are using Internet explorer click here

Try a different browser (Firefox) and see if the problem persists click here

VoG II 22:22 17 Aug 04

Wol is waiting till the end of the month to reinstall Windows. I don't understand the logic of this (the wait) but what do I know.

Wol said he could not connect to his own thread. Obviously Big Trev can which is why I think it is different - and possibly soluble.

VoG II 22:25 17 Aug 04

How solved please - this may help Wol.

As I said in a post to the other mammoth thread (31.07.04 1540), I had this problem and solved it by switching off Ad Blocking in Norton Internet Security 2004. I use Win 98SE. I have just switched Ad blocking back on, and the problem has returned.

Big Trev 15:00 21 Aug 04

Strangely I don't recall clicking resolved for this one!
The good news is that it is resolved now. tgp's suggestion I turn off Ad Blocking in NIS seems to have worked.

Thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…