PC Advisor cover cd does not load interface

Keeto 11:00 19 Sep 03

I am in Perth West Australia and have just purchased PC Advisor Tips and Tricks Vol 1. I was particulaly interested in the French English talking dictionary.
I have a fairly powerful machine AMD 2600 cpu, 128 MB graphics card, windows98se and MS internet explorer 6. I have no trouble viewing Australian cover disks such as PC Authority.
I am hoping a fellow PC Advisor user might be able to tell me which software I need to use the cover CDs.
Thanks in anticipation
Keeto

Taff36 11:17 19 Sep 03

Insert the disk. Using explorer navigate to your CD Rom drive (D drive?) Find the file called "Master" (I think - it`s got a pretty pink icon) and double click it. That should load the interface for you.

Keeto 16:24 20 Sep 03

Your blood is worth bottling. I must admit its not the easiest interface to use because auto load results in a black locked up screen!!
However I am delighted with the contents of the two disks and have installed several handy programs. The French dictionary is a pearler.
Thanks again
Keeto down under!

Green 1 01:23 21 Sep 03

Hi Keeto,
Hope you don`t mind me hijacking your thread, I used to live in Perth in Kewdale. Many a time shopping in the Carousel mall. I bet the place has changed since I was there 1981. Is miss Mauds still there? good food then, oh and fast Edies. good times. take care.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…