PC Advisor CD Rom supplied with Magazine.

anniesboy68 15:54 17 Aug 05

Each month I get the magazine and each month a disk is supplied with lots of programes "from the magazine" Some are self explanatory but how can I establish what they others are all about without loading? Examples this month are...Strokelt, Konfabulator Activicons..etc etc.I have no idea what they are all about!

woodchip 16:01 17 Aug 05

put the disc in the computer. click exit when it auto starts. press the windows key+E for win Explorer go to CD drive click on little + to expand the folders keep doing this on + look for read me files etc and double click on them to read, you will get these and similar in most programs

woodchip 16:02 17 Aug 05

Within the same folder you should see a .exe file or setup file, double click this to load the program. It may be a zip file, most are self extracting

anniesboy68 16:35 17 Aug 05

woodchip... Yes, investigating via Win Explorer works in some cases, but there a still many that cannot be identified and only the setup programme is shown. Unless you use the setup prog. to load the programme on to the cptr. you cannot tell what it does.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:40 17 Aug 05

"from the magazine"

exactly as stated read the magazine,

the programs/files will be mentioned in the mag. often as part of answers in the Here's How- Help section

anniesboy68 16:51 17 Aug 05

Fruit Bat /\0/\....No they are not, only 8 have a write up. And they are the main "free" programes mentioned on the CD and front of the Mag.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:56 17 Aug 05

Konfabulator page 109

Activicons page 108

Stroke it page 109

anniesboy68 17:03 17 Aug 05

Yes thanks, my appologies in this instance, But not always do you get the "pullout" so to speak. Once again thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…