PC Advisor and Avenue A, Inc.

swapper 22:32 02 Oct 03

Every time I log into PC Advisor, Spybot tells be that it has blocked "Avenue A,Inc."
It does not happen with any other site.
I asked a question about this a little while ago in the helproomm and got a couple of responses.
However, when I do a search within Helproom for "Avenue A, Inc." it finds nothing.

Why am I only getting it with PC Advisor?
Any advice please?

Jester2K II 22:54 02 Oct 03

It has been reported on a few other sites. PCA has to make money too. Suppress the alerts and get on with surfing.

swapper 06:46 03 Oct 03

Oh! It's the first time I have come accross something like this, I just thought it was some type of spam.
Thanks Jester.

-pops- 07:08 03 Oct 03

Avenue A is one of the hundreds of items caught by Spywareblaster click here you won't have to be troubled by Spybot finding it if you use this.

N.B It is not only PCA that has Avenue A attached to it. Read about them and their "services" to advertising and marketing click here

swapper 13:02 03 Oct 03

Thanks for that -pops-, would I use this instead of PestPatrol and Spybot, or in addition to?
Once again, thanks

keenan 13:18 03 Oct 03

Use Spyblaster,spybot and ad aware click here
That should give you all you need.

swapper 14:08 03 Oct 03

Thanks keenan [email protected] do that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…