PC Advisor Aug 2003

pj123 13:59 29 Jun 03

On the august 2003 is a CD "Collins French-English English-French Talking Dictionary.

My partner is an Interpreter for a French Company and does not think this programme is very good. If anyone else has installed it and tried it please let me know. This is only my opinion.

Forum Editor 15:06 29 Jun 03

with this pj123?

Perhaps Collins might be the best people to approach about it - they made the dictionary.

pj123 15:50 29 Jun 03

FE. Thanks for your response. I realise you are not responsible for the programmes on the Cover Disk. It's just that I typed in a common word "me" which should have returned "moi". but all it did was say "me". Not "moi". I would just like to know if anyone else has tried it and I am doing something wrong?

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:16 29 Jun 03

It is not really scientific to base an opinion on one word, especially a subjective that is difficult to translate unless it is in a full sentence. Try a few more words.

G

pj123 16:36 29 Jun 03

Yes, I know what you are saying, but it is supposed to be a dictionary. You know, look up one word it will tell you what it means? I have a English to French/French to English dictionary. If I look up "me" in the English section it tells me "moi".????

woody 17:23 29 Jun 03

When i type in me is shows"moi on the second line after explaining about me"

Have i missed the point?

pj123 17:42 29 Jun 03

I don't know, that's why I have asked if anyone else has installed this programme, and what do they think of it?

spikeychris 18:35 29 Jun 03

Must be working, I typed in French and it came up with garlic crunching veto using cattle burning frogs....

:o)

Chris

Djohn 18:39 29 Jun 03

That proves it works. ;o)

woody 02:09 30 Jun 03

My French is not the greatest but the English to French dictionary seems ok to me.I did not try the Talking bit - can not stand noise so speakers are off most of the time.

pj123 10:23 30 Jun 03

Must be me then? I will give it another go. I will drag some text from Word onto it. Thanks everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…