pc advisor archive disk

lelole 15:38 10 May 03

I subsrcibed to PC advisor, and as a free gift got the archive cd disk free. I recieved it this morning, but it won't run on my machine as I only have acrobat 3.0 and it doesn't understand the files on the disk. The disk says that there is version 5.05 on the disk, but it is not there. I looked on the downloads section on the site, and downloaded the free version of 5.05, but it won't install because it says that it can't find a previous version to update.

Does anybody know a way round this, or does someone work for PC advisorcan get me a new disk, or somehow to put acrobat 5.05 on my 'puter??

Ta muchly

VoG™ 15:49 10 May 03

First uninstall Acrobat Reader via Control Panel/Add&Remove programs.

Then download the latest version click here

lelole 16:05 10 May 03

You are becoming my guardian angel!! Only problem is that acrobat does not appear in add/remove programs. How do I uninstall safely (have looked in it's program files folder, and there is no uninstall wizard)?

Ta Leah

VoG™ 16:12 10 May 03

Ok, just try installing the new one - it should work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…