PC Advisor Archive disc 2000-2003

Fuchsia Cottage 21:39 13 Apr 03

Is anybody else having problems opening some files on this disc,one of them is Oct 2002 Issue 85 XP helpline. it says "file does not have program associated with it create an association in folder option" then file "HEL85PDF Could not be opend"

powerless 21:41 13 Apr 03

Do you have Adobe Acrobat Reader?

If not you need it from click here and it's free.

Fuchsia Cottage 21:57 13 Apr 03

Yes I have Acrobat Reader 5 and most of the files open ok.

Brian-336451 22:20 13 Apr 03

I actually have Acrobat as well as reader and I get the same problem as Fuschia Cottage - exactly.

My machine does not have any problems with any Adobe pdf files at any time, so its either a Settings problem or the CD.

Brian-336451 22:24 13 Apr 03

It says that it cannot open the file 'HEL85PDF', well it won't be able to, will it?

The file should read HEL85.PDF. Some kind soul has caused the file to be incorrectly labelled, therefore the computer is looking to associate a program with a HEL85PDF file type - they don't exist of course.

Over to you PCA.

Megatyte 22:26 13 Apr 03

Copy it to your HDD and rename it.

AH

RickyC :-) 10:38 14 Apr 03

As Megatyte correctly suggests, you need to copy the file, found in the following folder;

D:\2002\BI PDFs 85\ (when 'D' is your CD-ROM drive)

to your hard disk (place it on the desktop for easy access), and then rename the file. This will allow you to view the file in Acrobat Reader.

Please accept our apologies for this error, it wasn't picked up when the disc was tested.

Anyone encountering any other problems with this or any of our other discs can contact me by clicking on the envelope above. Please try to include as many details as possible regarding the difficulties you've experienced when you contact me.

Richard Clooke,

CD Editor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…