PC Advisor April 05 Page 97

David4637 13:35 28 May 05

It suggests that you can down load a set up option of floppy discs to repair XP HE if your PC does not come with a repair option on XP CD - mine comes with a "factory" CD only. Could someone please provide me with a link to this? Thanks David

ACOLYTE 13:39 28 May 05

Hmm, i think this is what you need

click here this is for xp pro

click here is for xp home.

Joe R 13:40 28 May 05
  David4637 14:04 28 May 05

Thanks both for your very prompt suggestions. The first link (MS)looked very promising until I read the last line " Note that you will need to use the Windows XP CD-ROM to finish Setup." I can't use this because I only have a "factory" CD. Any other options? Thanks David

Joe R 14:09 28 May 05

David4637,

Are you having problems with the O's just now.?

If so you could do a system restore, to an earlier date.

ACOLYTE 14:34 28 May 05

I have used this to make floppyies for my XP home and it didnt ask for the xp cd,it does need 6 floppy to make,all you do is run the program with a blank formatted floppy in the drive,at least this is all i did.

David4637 15:33 28 May 05

1. Did you use the 6 floppies to do a windows XP repair, thats what I wanted them for - just in case? I note you reckon it did NOT ask for the XP CD! What did you use the floppies for?
2. I have NOT any XP problems, its a just in case I do exercise.
Thanks Both
David

David4637 15:39 28 May 05

PS - just noticed your reply, which said it did not ask for the XP CD to down load the 6 floppies. I think you misread my reply which said MS will require the XP CD to complete the set up following the use of the 6 floppies. Thanks David

ACOLYTE 16:39 28 May 05

This part i do not know like you i made them for when and if they were needed so i havent used them yet,so cannot be sure if it asks for the cd after you have used them,i do know it didnt when i made them.

VoG II 16:52 28 May 05

The set of 6 floppies simply enable you to install Windows XP using the XP CD on a computer that cannot boot from the CD drive. They will not install Windows.

click here;en-us;Q310994

VoG II 16:53 28 May 05

Oops click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…