PC ADVISOR

stank 18:31 29 Jul 05

I suspected that my Internet Explorer browser might become corrupted so I attempted to re-install it from an old PC Advisor disc. This took me to the PC Advisor web site where I was asked to register. OK. I tried to download a copy of Internet Explorer and was told that wasn't available. Now I can't access my old copy of Internet Explorer because PC Advisor has taken over the Internet Explorer desktop icon and I can't download a new copy so I have no access to Internet Explorer. I've tried to e mail them but all I get is an automated response saying they don't solve there own problems.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

VoG II 18:40 29 Jul 05

If you have Windows XP try System Restore and if that doesn't work a repair click here

If you want to download IE6 click here (this is the full version not just a Service Pack).

Jackcoms 18:59 29 Jul 05

Is there any particular reason why you have multiple-posted this thread in all Forums?

It won't get you answers any more quickly but it might annoy Forum members.

I have already responded to your post in Consumer Watch.

stank 19:45 29 Jul 05

I forgot about "system restore". I'm a user, not an expert. I still don't understand clicking my Internet explorer icon opened the PC Advisor page, But I've returned to a better time.

Thanks

mattyc_92 19:46 29 Jul 05

Do you mean your "HomePage" aka it is, by default, MSN.co.uk. This is the FIRST website that you view when opening up IE.

DieSse 19:50 29 Jul 05

"I still don't understand clicking my Internet explorer icon opened the PC Advisor page"

Clicking on IE opens any page you care to set as the opening page.

Go to any page you want as your starting page - then Tools - Internet Options - then click the button "Use Current Page"

This sets the page you are at as your new Home (first page to show) page. You can even set it to file on your hard disk!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…