PC Acting Wierd

Trivium_360 20:53 18 Dec 05

My Pc now resets itself everytime i play GTA3 but i have Doom 3 and that runs smoothly any suggestions??

aca 21:00 18 Dec 05

Trivium

Need more info. Is the machine rebooting. If so you need to go into Control Panel then System select Advanced then Start Up Recovery. Look down and 3rd (i think box) Unncheck box. When PC crashes you should then crash to blue screen with error codes.

Post error message on here.

Without knowing more info difficult to tell. Could be graphics card drivers/RAM.

Have you added any new hardware? Has the game in question always run ok. Might be worth going to the game website.

Trivium_360 21:28 18 Dec 05

i sent error report to microsoft and it seems to be something with overheating
so i checked my graphics card and it was pretty hot is there a fan or something to cool it, its a ATi radeon 9600se 128mb agp8x

Totally-braindead 21:32 18 Dec 05

Does the graphics card not already have a fan? And can you run the PC with the case side off for a few minutes just to see that the graphics card fan and the case fan are actually still running.

Trivium_360 21:34 18 Dec 05

well it looks like a grey radiator if that is the fan for it.

Trivium_360 23:37 19 Dec 05

it now seems to be not the games fault its the system is reboots all the time now

PaulB2005 00:17 20 Dec 05

Did you turn off Automatic Reboot as per aca's posting?

Trivium_360 23:18 20 Dec 05

nope its still on

aca 07:30 21 Dec 05

Trivium

Does it happen mainly when using 3d games if so it suggests to me that your graphics card has a fault. If happening in general use it might well be a power supply or a general overheating issue.

As per my earlier suggestion, turn off the aoutomatic reboot and you might get some clues that allow you to isolate what the problem might be.

PaulB2005 10:17 21 Dec 05

So turn it off as aca instructed. Then it'll display an error message instead of just rebooting. Then when we know the error message we can help further....

Woolwell 10:48 21 Dec 05

Last time I had problems with one game causing a crash it was due to overheating. I installed a new more powerful fan and no problems. Do you have an AMD processor. They tend to generate more heat than Intel and need more cooling.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…