A PC for £1000

dfritter 23:05 12 Aug 03

Looking for a pc for £1000 would like to use it for video editing and dvd burning. Any suggestions? Had been looking at medion computers but can only find them in toysrus and other sellers? All advice appreciated!

Pegasus. 23:15 12 Aug 03

I have seen quite a few Adds lately for 'puters that would suit Your needs (from £699 to £899)

They where All -VAT prices, & one from Time had a 120Gb Hard Disk.

Quiller. 23:16 12 Aug 03

For a £1000 you should be able to get a computer for world domination. lol

I would advise not getting a "ready made unit", try a local pc shop and explain what you need, but don't say how much you are prepared to pay, make em trim there margins. Or the most satisfying is to build your own, very easy.

dfritter 23:42 12 Aug 03

can anyone point me in the direction of online medions?Thanks for the responses

ade.h 23:42 12 Aug 03

Check PC Advisor's top 10 charts; should be something there that suits your needs. Brands like Evesham and Mesh tend to get good marks; have a look in Consumerwatch to see who's after-sales is good and who's isn't. Video editing will need a lot of memory but you could just buy more when your budget allows.

Gaz 25 23:44 12 Aug 03

If I get a new system I would spend £999 on a desktop and £1500 on a laptop.

Mango Grummit 07:26 13 Aug 03

Excuse me???

Andsome 07:45 13 Aug 03

LOCAL SHOP every time if there is one nearby with a good reputation. Why pay for stuff that you don't want, and why have the price loaded with so called FREE offers. Nothing is free, everything has to be included in costings. No expensive long waits on help lines if you get a problem, just pop back into the shop. No refusals to honour so called on site warranties, and there are plenty of examples of this problem on this forum.

mole44 08:03 13 Aug 03

same money as me to spend,i`m orf to evesham for an axis 2600 mkr, if like me you only need a base unit (i have a good 17" monitor),i`m upgading with to 1gig memory and i still will have change from my £1000.like you i`m videoing editing.

mole44 08:05 13 Aug 03

oops forgot ,you get studeo 8 editing software included in the price.

I just recently bought a Time base unit with 160gb hard didk (ideal for video editing) AMD 2600 1024 of DDR memory DVD burner everything you could possibly want- all for £799,only from 'the computer world' shops. All I can say is it is fantastic and it comes with Pinnacle software for all your DVD and CD burning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…