PBell cordless Mouse & Keybaord using XP Home

Giggle n' Bits 21:53 02 Aug 03

this mouse & keyboard I was passed on as friend couldn't get it to work in XP.

It has no wires and comes with a little box with a button saying connect.

When plugged in there is no mouse cursor or anthing in the way or sensible funtion from mouse or keyboard. Tried pressing the Connect button with no sucess.

There is a listing in hardware-Device manager in XP which says HID complient device and there are about 4 or 5 entries.

What is HID and for a mouse, keybaord and its little controller what should I be looking for to get the thing to work.

PBel website forum failry useless for an answer.

Anyone know how to get this thing to work.

Mouse with Pbel branding Logo and also has Logitech moulded into the plastic.

Iceman1978 22:29 02 Aug 03

Is there any small buttons on the mouse & keyboard you would have to press a button which says connect then press the button on your keyboard & then do the same with the mouse. I may be complete rubbish though, probably am :P.

hugh-265156 22:36 02 Aug 03

i have a packard bell pc and bought a packard bell cordless mouse(logitech) from pc world bargain bin not so long ago.couldnt get it to work with xp either even with updated drivers.brought it back.

ps you wont find drivers for it on pb`s website.get them from logitech(mouseware) dont work though.

1911 22:59 02 Aug 03

Hi got a gift Packard Bell keyboard and mouse.Keyboard worked out of box. Gave up on the mouse after a couple of weeks. Are we missing something?

Giggle n' Bits 00:22 04 Aug 03

for about a year but then after move of computer and everything but all in identical location the mouse courser doesn't show on screen but like a ghost e.g the menu if you in the right place from the start will pop up.

Yes the controller box has a connect button and will comunicate with the M & K.board but then thats it. Just dead and usless gadget.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced