PB Gigabyte MoBo

Strawballs 00:04 30 Mar 07

Anybody know where I can get a replacement motherboard for a Packard Bell desk top (gigabyte GA-8SIMLNF) I am trying to get the same board because of the problem with the OEM of XP rejecting anything else.

skidzy 06:42 30 Mar 07
  Strawballs 00:12 31 Mar 07

I was hoping not to have to use ebay but thnks anyway skidzy will get a new and hope that MS willbe sympathetic

bennyhillslovechild 03:39 31 Mar 07

Strawballs - they were okay with me when I had to replace a broken motherboard. I did have to phone them up to reactivate though, and explain the situation: the online activation wouldn't work. I told them what happened, and confirmed I was just running the Op Sys on the one pc. It does involve reading out and typing in a HUGE amount of characters though. Have a cuppa ready and be prepared to be sat by your computer for a while. Best to use landline too, a LOT cheaper than mobile :)

skidzy 09:04 31 Mar 07

if any help click here

before xmas i had a mobo blow on me and used this board to replace that one,excellent board with no problems once i realised my psu had also blown.

Reactivating windows was a breeze once i told MS it was a power surge that blew the board.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…