PayPal security measures

JACC 22:54 01 Jun 05

When i logon to Paypal i get a page saying that they are currently doing security checks and that my account has been chossen . They have the correct expiry date and last two numbers for my card , saying that Paypal would never ask for details unless they showed the last two numbers first . I'm worried that this could be a scam , but it's on the official site with my logon and password . What do you think ?

SANTOS7 23:05 01 Jun 05

click here=
maybe paypal's not such a good idea after all!!!

Pooke 23:14 01 Jun 05

they usually present the last four digits don't they?

I'd be sceptical.....

JACC 10:26 07 Jun 05

Apologies for trying to keep this post going but can start again with this one .
When i login to the official PayPal site i'm redirected to a page saying PayPal are doing "regular maintenance of their secutity measures" and that i have been randomly chossen . They have the correct type of card i use,correct expiry date and also the the correct last two numbers .They state that they would never ask for my details unless they showed they had the last two numbers of my card correct .I've e-mailed them and they've come back with what looks like automated responses saying i have go onto a secure site but when i login in i go straight to the security measures page . I can't buy things until this is resolved , it's not as if i use PayPal alot only now and again but if i want to purchase certain things i have to use it. Has anyone else had these "security measures"?

leo49 10:32 07 Jun 05

Phone them and sort it out.

"PayPal Customer Service Agents are available to help you from 6:00 AM BST until 10:00 PM BST every day.

Call us on: 08707 307 191 (UK national call rates apply)

We can only discuss an account with the account holder. Please have the following information available when you call:

Your telephone number

Your email address

The last four digits of your credit card or bank account registered with PayPal

For security reasons, we must verify the above details before discussing any account-specific information."

Taken from

click here

JACC 10:37 07 Jun 05

Thankyou leo49
I'll give it a go . Once again thankyou for your quick response .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…