Paypal restricted account email

muddypaws 13:58 16 May 14
Answered

Had an email allegedly from paypal :

"PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with secure service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Why is my account access limite Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

We have reason to believe that your account was accessed by a third party. We have limited access to sensitive PayPal account features in case your account has been accessed by an unauthorized third party. We understand that having limited access can be an inconvenience, but protecting your account is our primary concern.

Click here to Lift Your Restriction "

The only thing I have done recently is to use KIS 2014 'Safe Money' which I have set to open paypal in secure window.

Could this be the cause?

Needlsess to say I haven't 'clicked here'.

onthelimit1 14:05 16 May 14

Forward it to [email protected] and they'll tell you if it's genuine or not.

muddypaws 15:02 16 May 14

Thanks to both of you will do.

Ian in Northampton 15:26 16 May 14

AFAIK, a genuine email from PayPal will always contain your name. It's also worth scrutinising the 'from' email address - it will probably have 'paypal' in it somewhere, but it'll be identifiably not a real PayPal address. As others have said - report and delete. I get a couple of these every month - as I do for my HSBC account, my Natwest account, my Lloyds account, my Barclays account...

revilop 16:15 16 May 14

I keep getting them on a daily basis. Ignore them.

muddypaws 16:37 16 May 14
Answer

Thanks all. Will ignore in future. First I've had from PP. I did right click properties.

Sender was boneymxxxxxxx

Will resolve.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…