Paypal or nochex for business use

Midsman2005 18:17 03 Jul 06

Dear Forum,

I am currently setting up my own small business and need a way for clients to send me money electronically over the internet.

As I can't afford to pay for the standard credit card style services bigger companies offer I have been looking into using paypal or nochex for these transactions.

I know they charge a percentage of deposits, etc.

But does anyone have any advice...which service would you suggest?

Thanks

:-)

skidzy 19:06 03 Jul 06

Although paypal has had its doubters in the past,i can honestly say...ive never had any problems.

I have used nochex several times and again,never had any problems.

Im sure you may receive some negative responses to paypal but all in all its been good for me.

Hope this helps.

ade.h 19:07 03 Jul 06

Netbanx seems to be well liked.

Have you read through the Webdesign section? This subject comes up periodically and was discussed a month or so ago.

ade.h 19:08 03 Jul 06

Something that may count against Paypal is its public image, deserved or otherwise, which will influence how your clients/customers feel about using it and will reflect on your own business.

skidzy 19:13 03 Jul 06

You may find this helpful as an alternative method away from paypal and nochex. click here

Midsman2005 12:10 04 Jul 06

Thank you :-)

fitshase 12:18 04 Jul 06

Yes, the Land Registry use World Pay to accept payment for their online transactions.

Seems a good system - used it a good few times and had no problems whatsoever.

PayPal is good for payments also but it will forever be associated with ebay and, if you want a better corporate image - go with World Pay.

Fitshase

spuds 16:02 04 Jul 06

Nochex can be more convenient to a buyer, due to the fact that you do not need an account.

PayPal needs an account opening, and some people may not want to deal this way.

I know a small number of people, who have transferred to using Nochex, because PayPal was causing problems. Offer both, then you will have the best of both worlds, so to say.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac