Paypal Nightmare

Lillylou 11:23 11 Dec 03

How can I stop Paypal from getting into my e-mails, I have put a Block Sender on both OE and IncrediMail but nearly every day it gets through. I have tried to install various spam blockers but I don't understand how you set them up as I am not very PC literate. This is driving me mad.

johnnyrocker 11:27 11 Dec 03

not quite sure what you are saying here, are you being spammed by pay pal in your email box? if so write to [email protected] etc and request they stop but if i am not reading you correctly please post more details.

johnny.

Lillylou 11:32 11 Dec 03

click here is a spam that carries the I-Worm/Mimail.I virus that infects your files, it comes in with an opened attachment, I have my inbox messages set not to show open mail only the address. but even though I have put a block sender it just puts it into the deleted file I want to bounce it back without it getting in.

Jester2K II 11:37 11 Dec 03

No - you don't want to bounce it back. Thats wastes bandwidth and could possibly reinfect someone else.
Someone with your e-mail address has this virus. If it sent to the deleted items then leave it there and empty the folder every day...

Most spam blockers work like this just filtering it off to other folders.

To stop it being downloaded either use a mail server tool like Mailwasher click here or Popcorn click here. Or use your e-mail companies "web mail" to clean your mail before downloading...

johnnyrocker 11:39 11 Dec 03

click here and get mailwasher that will give you the option of deleting and bouncing before it hits your mailbox, (just a thought! as you are getting so many it is possible someone whose address book you ar in may be infected)

johnny.

Gongoozler 11:44 11 Dec 03

I really don't think it is PayPal who are spamming you. They appear to be a legitimate company who, among other things, handle Ebay payments. It is much more likely to be someone else masquerading as PayPal who is spamming you, probably by hijacking someone's address book.

Lillylou 11:46 11 Dec 03

I get can get nearly 100 mails a day so how can I find out who is carrying it. AVG warns me that I have the virus and to run a scan I do this but often the test comes back clear. I tried Norman Virus Control and it froze up my PC and it took hours to uninstall it.

Jester2K II 11:49 11 Dec 03

Its difficult to work out as the virus changes the from address so you don't really know. Try e-mailing all your contacts first and ask them to update their Anti Virus or use AVG 6 Free click here

Jester2K II 11:50 11 Dec 03

Stinger click here can also be used to detect & remove this worm...

johnnyrocker 12:26 11 Dec 03

what os are you running?

johnny.

mobileman1953 12:36 11 Dec 03

somebody who has your e mail in their address book most likely has the mimail virus unknown to them this could be why you keep getting these e mails, the same thing happened to me turned out my sisters machine was infected ,soon as she removed the virus with the free removal tool at click here i stopped getting the e mails

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…