Paypal email is it real?

Taw® 19:09 23 Nov 04

I have recently started to receive emails from Paypal, "my account may have been jeopordised and as such has had restrictions placed on it please click here to validate details" etc. It is addressed to Dear Paypal member and not my salutation as described in the Paypal QA can I safely say that it is a bogus email? I have tried forwarding it to the spoof@ address but for some reason it does not get delivered, I use mailwasher so check it on the server and delete so I haven't clicked the link.

jimv7 19:15 23 Nov 04

No its not real, paypal will never ask for your details via email, check out their policies.

The same goes for ebay.

roy 19:17 23 Nov 04

I am pretty sure that this is a scam. Have a look at this or type in Paypal scam in Google.

click here

Roy

Dorsai 19:21 23 Nov 04

If you want to check out your account, got to paypal using a link you trust, like a bookmark. Or through your Ebay acount, if you have one. If i got an e-mail from my bank, i would use my bookmarked link to go to my bank. A link that i know is good, rather than the perhaps iffy link in an perhaps dodgy e-mail.

georgemac 19:26 23 Nov 04
  georgemac 19:27 23 Nov 04
  georgemac 19:28 23 Nov 04

did not remember either that the email address would be shown

Taw® 19:48 23 Nov 04

Many thanks for those words of wisdom, thought it might be, just needed to receive some tangible clarification. The post is well worth highlighting for others.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…